The Return on Environment (ROE): The Economics of Natural Resources.
What is a Return on Environment Study? Designing With Natives DWTN.net
Explaining the avoided costs, revenues and real estate premiums that nature provides free of charge.
Return on Environment KITTATINNY RIDGE, Dauphin County 2018
Nature is Serious Business: How communities can get the best financial return on the environment (PDF)
Green Berks The Business of Nature Report. http://www.berksnature.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/BOSbooklet.pdf
Can you put a dollar value on nature? World Economic Forum.
Whichever way you slice it, nature is worth a lot. Ecosystem services are still estimated to be worth something like twice as much as the world’s US$75 trillion gross domestic product. https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/03/can-you-put-a-dollar-value-on-nature/
Report: Sonoma County’s natural resources worth billions
Return on Environment: The Economic Value of Protected Open Space in Southeastern Pennsylvania. Full Study (PDF), Summary (PDF)
Ways to Measure Nature’s Impact. The Benefits of Habitat to a Homeowner and a Community. John Rogers
Hull RB, Michael Se. Nature-based Recreation, Mood Change, and Stress Restoration. (1995). Leisure Sciences. 17(1):1-14.
Sense of Place (PDF)
- 40 to 50 or 132? Industrial Turbines 500 Feet Tall are Proposed for The Huron Mountains
- Addressing Climate Change: Why Forests Matter
- Adverse environmental effects from industrial wind turbines.
- Biomass plant new fuel pellets could bring new toxicity to the air in L’Anse.
- Blasting report for an Industrial Wind Farm in Maine
- Blight for Naught: Wind Turbines and the Rationalized Desecration of Nature
- Cheap price for the sale of our wilderness heritage.
- COMMENTARY: PROPOSED ICEBREAKER WIND PROJECT NOT WHAT IT SEEMS
- David vs. Goliath or Don Quixote? A GRASS-ROOTS CAMPAIGN TO PROTECT THE U.P. WILDERNESS FROM INDUSTRIAL WIND DEVELOPMENT
- DESTRUCTION OF HIGH ELEVATION HYDROLOGY
- Developer revealed for proposed Upper Peninsula wind project
- Does Wind Energy fit with area’s long-term plan?
- Forests as a means for storing and reducing carbon.
- Friends of the Huron Mountains volunteers sought training on good and bad stream crossings
- Germany’s Wind Farms Are Ticking Time Bombs, A ‘Significant Danger’ To Environment!
- Habitat Changes, In Turn,Influence The Health Of Wildlife Populations
- How Green is this? – Renewable Energy drives demand for base metals.
- If Renewables Are So Great for the Environment, Why Do They Keep Destroying It?
- L’Anse environmental issues dominated the Mining Gazette front page.
- Lake Superior Action Research Conservation: roads and blasting issues when putting turbines in the Lake Superior watershed.
- Lake Superior Wind Farm
- Large-scale wind power has its down side – Harvard Gazette
- Let’s Keep the U.P. Naturally Green
- Lowell Mountains Vermont, Turbine construction, Video
- Michigan officials back federal wildlife conservation plan
- Minnesota DNR 2018: updated best management practices for Wind Energy
- Monumental, Unsustainable Environmental Impacts
- Mountain tops blasted to make room for Turbines.
- Natural Climate Solutions: Nature’s sleeping giant
- New resource library helps cities boost buildings’ energy efficiency
- News Release July 21, 2018
- Norway rejects wind farm in favor of wild reindeer
- NREL: Wind Maps
- Ontario Government Cancels Wind Project, to protect natural resources.
- Photos show wind farm devastation of Algoma, Canada
- Presentation: Why Utility Scale Wind Power is Wrong for Vermont.
- Project Location Maps
- Recent studies show wind power isn’t as environmentally beneficial as claimed.
- Renewable Energy Needs Huge Mineral Supply
- RES – wind project contracts released, for Cass County project.
- RES releases map of Wind Industrial Park.
- Residents divided over wind energy plan for ‘pristine Upper Peninsula wilderness’
- Road construction for Kibby Mountain, Maine Turbines.
- Seismic vibrations cause Diplocardia earthworms to emerge from the soil
- Seven important things to know about wetlands
- Study: Wind Power Increases Dependence on Fossil Fuels in EU
- Swedish blogger,beautifully explains how and why wind turbines are a threat to the forests and life in northern Sweden.
- The Double Standards Industry
- The Environmental Reality When It Comes To Building and Using Massive Turbine Structures
- The False Promise of Mountaintop Industrial Wind
- The Importance of Keeping Forests Intact
- The Sales Pitch: Wind projects use existing logging roads. – FALSE
- There is no free environmental lunch when it comes to building and using massive turbine structures.
- To Get Wind Power You Need Oil
- U.S. Geological Survey, Forest and Rangeland Ecosystem Science Center
- Upper Peninsula Environmental Coalition – Position Paper
- Useful Tools
- Video – Terracon Survey work near Mount Arvon
- Video: Kevon Martis Wind Presentation
- Video: Peak Keepers Discuss Industrial Wind Power
- Video: RES Project Protests – Arkwright, New York.
- Video: Wind turbine leaking oil Fond Du Lac County, Wisconsin
- Video: Wind turbines and the myth of green energy
- Weyerhaeuser v. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Supreme Court Case.
- Why would we destroy one of the better Climate strongholds?
- WILD HIGHLANDS Wind Action Coalition
- WILDLIFE POPULATION DECLINES -Due to Industrialization of ridgelines.
- Wind Energy consultant WEST, Inc, caught in deception, on Eagles in project area.
- Wind Energy Documents: New Hampshire
- Wind Facility Will Hurt Forests, Salmon River, Hunting, Fishing, Fort Drum, Economy
- Wind farm ‘predator’ effect hits ecosystems: study
- Wind turbine vibration effect on animals.
- Wind turbines are neither clean nor green and they provide zero global energy
- Wind turbines create dead zones.