Research and Information on Wind Zoning.
Zoned Out: An Analysis of Wind Energy Zoning in Four Midwest States
Alissa Doerr. December 2014. (PDF)
The following is a Wind Energy supported organization.
AWED (Alliance for Wise Energy Decisions) Legal Matters. 6/2/19
“When writing a local “wind ordinance” there are two main routes to take: Regulate turbines, or Prohibit them. These options are explained here. The specifics for how to go the regulatory route (the most common choice) are spelled out here.
See example Plan of Action. Read this thorough wind study by the citizens of Bethany, NY, which itemizes numerous other areas of concern.”
Local Wind Law Options .
Michael Klepinger, Michigan Land Use Guidelines for Siting Wind Energy Systems. Extension Bulletin WO-1053, Revised, October 2007 Michigan State University.
(https://www.canr.msu.edu/uploads/resources/pdfs/Michigan_Land_Use_Guidelines_for_Siting_Wind_Energy_Systems.pdf)WECS Wind Zoning Samples
Riga Township Zoning Ordinance, Wind Ordinance
Centerville Township Zoning Ordinance For Commercial Wind Energy Systems
Township of Ingersoll Wind Zoning Changes. View the General Ordinances.
Kosciusko County, Indiana Zoning Ordinance, Revised October 16, 2018
Henry County Indiana, List of Applications Documents.
This provides a sample of documents that Should be required.
Cass County Indiana, Zoning Change Proposal, Current Ordinance Vs. Proposed Ordinance Language
MONITOR TOWNSHIP, BAY COUNTY, MICHIGAN. Adopted: March 25, 2019 –Extremely Comprehensive Zoning!
Keweenaw County Zoning Ordinance
- Another RES project stopped. Interesting info on Robert’s Rules.
- AP News – UP wind-farm critics submit signatures to force election
- ‘Friends’ lawsuit seeks injunction
- “A lot of technical questions”: No Answers.
- Database of Wind Energy Policies and Incentives
- Extent of Forest District Land in L’Anse Township.
- Feb 6th – Special meeting Arvon Township Planning Commission: Wind Turbine Zoning and Presentation
- Illinois – DeWitt County Regional Planning Commission votes against wind farm.
- Industrial Wind Farms Bring Political Conflict, Recalls and Lawsuit to Township
- L’Anse Planning Commission Amends Zoning.
- L’Anse Sentinel » Wind referendum moving forward
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018 – Dedicated Service
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: No Wind, No Nonsense, No Due Process
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: Stacking the Deck
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: Ignorance of the Law is No Excuse
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: No Wind, No Due Diligence, No Answers
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: Pro-wind, Proponents, Proposals
- L’Anse Township considers wind turbine proposal
- L’Anse Township has announced a meeting of the Planning Commission on Thursday, September 27 at 6:00 pm at the Township Hall
- L’Anse Township Board meeting, Anti-wind vote petition OK’d
- L’Anse wind project gets zone change
- Letter from Weyerhaeuser made available by the Planning Commission.
- Local News Coverage: Planning Commission public hearing.
- Local News: More questions than comments
- Michigan Case Law: Wind Energy is not “demonstrated public need” .
- Minnesota DNR 2018: updated best management practices for Wind Energy
- Oklahoma moves forward on stricter Wind Regulations
- Penn Forest Wind turbine project denied
- Petition for Referendum Filed with Township Clerk.
- Planning Commission following Process and fulfilling their legal responsibilities.
- Press Release – Referendum
- Remember this IS your back yard! As we have seen in the thumb, this development will not stop at one project once the door is open.
- RES Americas cancels 600 MW wind project in Cass County Indiana
- RES and Weyerhaeuser push for non-standard blade clearances.
- SPECIAL MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING L’ANSE TOWNSHIP PLANNING COMMISSION – June 28, 2018 6:00 p.m.
- Taking it to the next logical and most responsible level –give the voters a chance to say what they want.
- The referendum process for zoning ordinances has been started.
- Township Planning Commission Allowing RES to Write the Zoning.
- Township Planning Commission Meeting November 21st, 2018
- Trespass Zoning and why setbacks need to be to property lines.
- UP wind-farm critics submit signatures to force election
- Videos: L’Anse Planning Commission Meeting November, 21st 2018.
- Wabash County revises wind farm regulation relating to ‘shadow flicker’ –
- Wind Referendum Moves Forward. L’Anse Sentinel 11-14- 2018
- Wind Turbines on the Ballot, – Word on the Street