Wind referendum moving forward
November 16, 2018 |L’Anse Sentinel
PETITION SUBMITTED–A petition with 410 names of L’Anse Township registered voters was submitted to L’Anse Township Clerk Brian Jentoft, left, on Friday, Nov. 9, 2018. Friends of the Huron Mountains is seeking a public vote on the zoning Amendments that would allow an industrial wind farm on Weyerhaueser land.
The Friends of the Huron Mountains’ petition seeking a public vote on the zoning amendments for L’Anse Township is moving forward. “Friends” is a group formed to oppose the proposed Summit Lake Wind Farm project on Weyerhaueser forest land in L’Anse Township. Members turned in a petition seeking a referendum to L’Anse Township Clerk Brian Jentoft on Friday, Nov. 9, 2018. He approved the names of registered voters. “The petitions were presented to me on Friday,” Jentoft said. “There were 410 names. I took the August primary voter list and looked it up there.” “The next step will be to call the Michigan Township Association and the Bureau of Elections and ask them what should be done next,” Jentoft said. “In my years in office we’ve never done this. I imagine there will be an election in the Spring of 2019.”
- AP News – UP wind-farm critics submit signatures to force election
- L’Anse Sentinel » Friends of the Huron Mountains moves on petition
- L’Anse Sentinel » Wind referendum moving forward
- L’Anse Township Board meeting, Anti-wind vote petition OK’d
- Local News: Special election in future? Next regular election would be two years away
- Many in L’Anse community oppose wind turbines
- Press Release – Referendum
- Referendum on the Ballot for May 7 2019
- Request for Moratorium – Letter to Township Board.
- Taking it to the next logical and most responsible level –give the voters a chance to say what they want.
- UP wind project opponents will get referendum on ballot
- UP wind-farm critics submit signatures to force election
- Video: L’Anse Township Board Meeting 12/12/2018
- Vote NO! The L’Anse Township Board approved ballot language for a referendum on zoning ordinances regulating wind turbines.
- Voters To Decide On Wind Project.
- Wind farm issue blows change in L’Anse Township Board
- Wind Referendum Moves Forward. L’Anse Sentinel 11-14- 2018
- Wind Turbines on the Ballot, – Word on the Street