Stacking the Deck – Welcome to the return of a Company Town.
Two existing Planning Commission members who had terms that expired but due to negligence of process were never officially re-appointed were nominated for re-appointment, one was re-appointed one was not.
The Board appointed recently appointed Trustee Board member Brian Kissell as the ex officio member.
The supervisor appointed an additional 4 members, out of 7 applications the board members voted for all pro-wind and denied any others, limited discussions on any of the appointments.
Members were appointed to a split of 3 years and 1 year terms.
– This does not follow Michigan Zoning Laws they should have been appointed to the remaining terms of the members they replaced –
MICHIGAN PLANNING ENABLING ACT, Act 33 of 2008, 125.3815 Sec. 15. (2) … If a vacancy occurs on a planning commission, the vacancy shall be filled for the unexpired term in the same manner as provided for an original appointment.
The Remaining 2 existing Planning Commissioners resigned.
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: No Wind, No Nonsense, No Due Process
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018 – Dedicated Service
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: No Wind, No Due Diligence, No Answers
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: Pro-wind, Proponents, Proposals
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: Ignorance of the Law is No Excuse
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: Stacking the Deck