Industrial Wind Impacts on Wildlife
- Resources Industrial Wind Impacts: Wildlife: Birds
- Resources Industrial Wind Impacts: Wildlife: Bats
- Resources Industrial Wind Impacts: Wildlife: Mammals
- Resources Industrial Wind Impacts: Wildlife: Fish, Insects & Invertebrates
General Wildlife Resources
Montford, Andrew. GREEN KILLING MACHINES, The impact of renewable energy on wildlife and nature. The Global Warming Policy Foundation
GWPF Report 36. 2019. ISBN 978-1-9160700-2-8 https://www.thegwpf.org/content/uploads/2019/07/GreenKillingMachines.pdf
Technology Integration White Paper, American Wind Wildlife Institute * . Prepared by: Kaj Skov Nielsen, Independent Consultant. December 06, 2018.
A new white paper provides guidance on the technical details for integrating wildlife impact minimization technologies into operating wind energy facilities.
January 2018 Environmental changes and disturbance factors caused by wind turbines may act as potential stressors for natural populations of both flying and ground dwelling animal species. Ecological Indicators Volume 84, Lopucki et al., 2018
“Living in habitats affected by wind turbines may result in an increase in corticosterone levels in ground dwelling animals… The physiological stress response results in release of glucocorticoid hormones. LINK
Peter R. Law, Mark Fuller. Evaluating anthropogenic landscape alterations as wildlife hazards, with wind farms as an example, Ecological Indicators, Volume 94, Part 1,
2018, Pages 380-385, ISSN 1470-160X, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolind.2018.06.061.
Peter R. Law, A Cost-Benefit Analysis Of Wind Farms And Wildlife Hazards. sciencetrends.com DECEMBER 13, 2018
September 2007, Impacts of Wind Energy Facilities on Wildlife and Wildlife Habitat. The Wildlife Society. Technical Review Committee on Wind Energy Facilities and Wildlife
* Wind Energy Supported Group
- 5 million Scottish trees felled for wind farms – The Scotsman
- 80% decline in golden plover numbers within the first two years of the wind farm’s operation.
- Adverse environmental effects from industrial wind turbines.
- Best asset in the fight against climate change: wetlands.
- Birds at Risk: The Importance of Canada’s Boreal Wetlands and Waterways
- Circle tour of Lake Superior, marred by wind turbines.
- Clearing of habitats for wind turbines is causing a 10 per cent decline in birds populations in the surrounding area.
- Don’t blow it: Unregulated wind farms encroach on pristine Texas wilderness
- Habitat Changes, In Turn,Influence The Health Of Wildlife Populations
- If Renewables Are So Great for the Environment, Why Do They Keep Destroying It?
- Impacts of Industrial Wind Development on Wildlife and Ridgeline Habitat
- Industrial Wind Energy: Incompatible With Hunting
- Interior Secretary Zinke moves to cut sage grouse protections, opening lands for industrialization.
- Lake Erie Proposed turbines threat to birds and public boating and fishing territory.
- Large-scale wind power has its down side – Harvard Gazette
- Loons Are Getting Squeezed By Wind Farms
- Mountain tops blasted to make room for Turbines.
- PLIGHT OF MOUNTAINTOP HABITAT
- Proposed Project will cut right through Core Moose habitat
- RES releases map of Wind Industrial Park.
- Six New Papers Reveal A Hushed-Up ‘Green’ Reality: Wind Turbines Destroy Habitats
- The Double Standards Industry
- There is no free environmental lunch when it comes to building and using massive turbine structures.
- Turbines Require Roads — Big Roads
- Turbines, Pesticides, Threaten Useful, Cute, Hoary Bat.
- Video: from German public service broadcaster ZDF (audio in English) on wind turbines and infrasound.
- Video: RES Project Protests – Arkwright, New York.
- Videos: Arkwright NY Summit Wind
- WILDLIFE POPULATION DECLINES -Due to Industrialization of ridgelines.
- Wind Energy, Great Lakes Regional Guidelines
- Wind farms accelerate Dupont’s Lark declines
- Wind farms affect the occurrence, abundance and population trends of small passerine birds
- Wind turbines are making songbirds change their tune