Viewshed and the landscape.
Lake Superior Action Research Conservation, lsarc.ca
Poll finds 80 per cent want to keep Wild Land Areas free of major development, John Muir Trust.
In June 2017 this poll found that an absolute majority – 52 per cent – ‘strongly agree’ that “Wild Land Areas should continue to be protected from large-scale infrastructure such as industrial-scale wind farms, major electricity transmission and super-quarries”, while a further 28 per cent ‘tend to agree’.
Scenic America Presentation Wind and the Landscape (pdf) by Kevin E. Fry President, Scenic America
- Algoma Region offers a “backdrop of breathtaking landscapes.” That was before wind turbines were built.
- Blight for Naught: Wind Turbines and the Rationalized Desecration of Nature
- Google Earth Map Mock 360 view from Mount Curwood.
- Horizon and skyline of Lake Winnebago dominated by 400 foot turbines.
- The seclusion and solitude at remote waterfalls will forever be lost.
- The size of 500 foot turbines is hard to grasp.
- Video: Wind turbines and the myth of green energy
- View of Turbines reduces home values by 15%
- Visual Blight and Noise pollution.
- Wind Energy Documents: New Hampshire
- Wind Farm at Night.
- Windmills changing the NH Landscape – Girard At Large