Information on legal Issues, Leases and easements, and Property Liens
Nov 15, 2019. Scott Wolfe. Mechanics Liens Can “Go Green” Too.
https://www.levelset.com/blog/mechanics-liens-can-go-green-too/ (***Multiple examples)
Mar 24, 2019, Mary Heyl, Arkwright property owners served with lien notices
Observer Today | https://www.observertoday.com
Receipt of a mechanic’s lien against their property in the amount of $68,995.75 has caused some property owners in Arkwright a fair amount of confusion and, at least initially, a significant amount of stress.
May 07, 2019, Brad Nygaard, Lindahl liens place landowners in limbo.
Landowners within the Lindahl Wind farm are looking for answers about contractor’s liens placed on their properties. Construction liens totalling nearly $16 million have been recorded against 78 individual parcels in Williams County. https://www.journaltrib.com/articles/tribune-news/lindahl-liens-place-landowners-in-limbo/
, Kristin Alford, Are Lien Rights Available on Wind Turbines.
Wind Turbines: Are Mechanic’s Lien Rights Available?
A recent court of appeals decision left one Illinois subcontractor with over $3 million in unpaid claims, and the construction and alternative energy industries with immeasurable concern and doubt. https://www.ncscredit.com/education-center/blog/are-lien-rights-available-on-wind-turbines/
Viator, Matt Levelset, Illinois Courts side with landowners on Mechanics Lien in 2016.
Wind farm liens evidence of serious liability for property owners. http://www.windconcernsontario.ca/wind-farm-liens-evidence-of-serious-liability-for-property-owners/ Wind Concerns Ontario
November 17, 2012, James Neal, 1.2 million in liens filed against Chisholm View Wind Project. Enid News & Eagle http://www.windaction.org/posts/35393-1-2-million-in-liens-filed-against-chisholm-view-wind-project#.XhE-CVVKhIA (via http://www.windaction.org/)
Wind farm liens evidence of serious liability for property owners
Leases and easements
Jessica A. Shoemaker. Negotiating Wind Energy Negotiating Wind Energy Property Agreements. 2007. Farmers’ Legal Action Group, Inc. http://www.flaginc.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/WindPropertyAgrmnts20071.pdf
- Another RES project stopped. Interesting info on Robert’s Rules.
- ‘Friends’ lawsuit seeks injunction
- Florida Based Energy Company Violates New Law
- Freedom residents sue town board, for approving a new wind law without considering adverse effects.
- Friends of the Huron Mountains files injunction to stop building permits in Baraga County
- Friends Of the Hurons Open House: July 25th
- KBIC member submitted a formal request for discretionary review of the FAA obstruction evaluation of the Summit Lake Wind Project.
- L’Anse Planning Commission Amends Zoning.
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018 – Dedicated Service
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: No Wind, No Nonsense, No Due Process
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: Ignorance of the Law is No Excuse
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: No Wind, No Due Diligence, No Answers
- Letter from Weyerhaeuser made available by the Planning Commission.
- Oklahoma moves forward on stricter Wind Regulations
- RES – wind project contracts released, for Cass County project.
- Township Planning Commission Allowing RES to Write the Zoning.
- Voters To Decide On Wind Project.
- Weyerhaeuser v. U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Supreme Court Case.