Hunting & Wind Facility Access
Public access to lands within the Marengo wind facility is available for hunting, birdwatching and other recreational activities, subject to certain restrictions.
Special rules are in place to ensure the safety of hunters, local residents, wind project workers and equipment. More information is available through the wind project hunting video and brochure (PDF).
PacifiCorp Marengo/Puget Sound Energy Hopkins Ridge/Portland General Electric Tucannon River wind facilities hunting rules:
Violation of any of the rules that follow will result in loss of all access privileges and possibly trespassing violations.
- NO HUNTING during wind turbine construction periods or posted closure periods.
- NO ACCESS of any kind within 300 feet (100 yard) of the wind turbines, buildings or substations.
- NO ACCESS of any kind within 1,000 feet (333 yards) of the wind turbines from the third Sunday of November through the third Sunday of February due to potential icing conditions.
- NO POINTING OR SHOOTING OF ANY WEAPON at a target of any kind with people, wind turbines, overhead power lines, splice boxes, junction boxes, maintenance vehicles, signs, posts fences, gates, maintenance facilities or substation in your scope of view. NO shooting from vehicles, across roads, or from any maintained portion of wind facility access roads.
- NO VEHICLE TRAFFIC of any kind on Lessors’ property except on COUNTY roads unless authorized in writing by Lessor. Driving on wind-turbine access roads is not allowed. This includes operation of OFF-ROAD VEHICLES (ORVs) or ALL-TERRAIN VEHICLES (ATVs).
- NO HORSES OR PACK ANIMALS are allowed on Lessors’ property unless previously authorized in writing by Lessor.
- DO NOT BLOCK ACCESS gates or entrances.
- All hunters must abide by Washington State Game Rules and Regulations.
- All access may be canceled on Lessors’ land whenever it is deemed necessary by Lessors or Lessees.
- No overnight camping/parking or outdoor fires on Lessors’ property unless previously authorized in writing by Lessor.
- HANGING VEHICLE TAGS must be clearly displayed and visible from outside of the vehicle while accessing Lessors’ property.
- YOUR ACCESS PERMISSION AGREEMENT must be carried on you while hunting within PacifiCorp’s Marengo Wind Facility and/or Puget Sound Energy’s Hopkins Ridge Wind Facility and/or Portland General Electric’s Tucannon River Wind Farm areas.
- PLEASE REMOVE YOUR GUT PILES to prevent attracting savenging raptors to the wind farm area.
- Horrible Experience, Deer Hunting around turbines.
- Hunting in wind farm a horrible experience.
- Impacts of Industrial Wind Development on Wildlife and Ridgeline Habitat
- Industrial Wind Energy: Incompatible With Hunting
- NO USE of the Hurons for a year or more?
- Northwest: Extra regulations put in place when hunting in wind facility areas.
- Wild Horse Wind Farm in Kittitas County goes to ‘Hunt by Reservation’
- Wind Facility Will Hurt Forests, Salmon River, Hunting, Fishing, Fort Drum, Economy
- Wind Farm wants to restrict hunters