PTC – Production Tax Credits
The PTC is a federal subsidy for the commercial production of wind energy that provides a $24 tax credit for each megawatt- hour of energy sold. It is scheduled to phase out and expire at the end of 2019.
October 2018, THE PRODUCTION TAX CREDIT: CORPORATE SUBSIDIES & RENEWABLE ENERGY, , Angela C. Erickson, Texas Public Policy Foundation: https://files.texaspolicy.com/uploads/2018/11/13144842/Production-Tax-Credit.pdf
- Another One Bites the Dust: Wisconsin Wind Farm Decommissioned After Just 20 Years
- Cheap price for the sale of our wilderness heritage.
- Frank Keating Wind Turbines “Big Mistake” 60 Sec Ad Video
- Hidden costs of wind power a burden to the local economy
- L’Anse Township Board Meeting 8-8-2018: Pro-wind, Proponents, Proposals
- Looming Supply Chain Crunch Threatens US Wind Energy Boom
- The 176 billion dollars in free government money for wind turbines.
- The Mining Gazette: RES drafts tax promise in L’Anse
- The Production Tax Credit: Corporate Subsidies & Renewable Energy
- There is no free environmental lunch when it comes to building and using massive turbine structures.
- US Wind Installations To Surge Before PTC Phase-Out In 2021
- US Wind Player “RES Americas” Warns of Impending Supply Bottlenecks as PTC Disappears
- What’s the True Cost of Wind Power?
- Will L’Anse township risk losing tourism opportunities for the sake of unreliable short term tax benefits?
- Wind industry admits massive project will fail without subsidies
- Windfarms have no monetary effect on the local school district general fund.