Resources Industrial Wind Impacts:
Economics and other Disadvantages
Goldberg, M., K. Sinclair, and M. Milligan. 2004. “Job and Economic Development Impact (JEDI) Model: A User-Friendly Tool to Calculate Economic Impacts from Wind Projects.” NREL/CP -500-35953. National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
Disadvantages of Wind Farms to municipalities This is from larc.ca in Canada so much of the tax information does not apply. But the other information is valuable.
Retiring worn-out wind turbines could cost billions that nobody has
Ohio’s Blue Creek Wind Farm: Predictable Underperformance, Iberdrola project
- Another One Bites the Dust: Wisconsin Wind Farm Decommissioned After Just 20 Years
- Broken wind turbine dismantled, Great Falls College, Montana
- Disposal Of Wind Turbines A Major Environmental Concern
- Germany’s Wind Farms Are Ticking Time Bombs, A ‘Significant Danger’ To Environment!
- Retiring worn-out wind turbines could cost billions that nobody has
- Small old wind towers make for big new problems.
- Wild Horse Wind Farm in Kittitas County goes to ‘Hunt by Reservation’
- Wind-turbine gearboxes chance of one or more of the 20 to 25 bearings failing within seven years is 37%.