Critique of the Heritage and Tourism (pdf) Impact Assessment for Bow Lake Wind Farm
* This project is located in a very similar environment with the same Canadian Shield geology.
Some Sample Reports on Turbines and Tourism.
Almost all studies done by independent experts conclude that there will be
Tourism business lost when industrial wind energy is introduced into a tourist
Poll finds 80 per cent want to keep Wild Land Areas free of major development, John Muir Trust.
In June 2017 this poll found that an absolute majority – 52 per cent – ‘strongly agree’ that “Wild Land Areas should continue to be protected from large-scale infrastructure such as industrial-scale wind farms, major electricity transmission and super-quarries”, while a further 28 per cent ‘tend to agree’.
- 2018 Michigan Treadhead western U.P. ride thorough the Huron Mountains
- Before this view is destroyed by Industrial Turbines – Take A Drive To The Top Of Mount Arvon.
- Does Wind Energy fit with area’s long-term plan?
- Highpointers Club…members voted to gather near Mount Arvon in 2019
- Hikers have a new Michigan favorite: Mount Arvon
- Huron Mountains – Backcountry Skiing
- Impacts of Industrial Wind Development on Wildlife and Ridgeline Habitat
- Industrial Wind Energy: Incompatible With Hunting
- Lake Superior Wind Farm
- Let’s Keep the U.P. Naturally Green
- Main impact wind farm development has on local a economy relates to tourism.
- NO USE of the Hurons for a year or more?
- Ontario Government Cancels Wind Project, to protect natural resources.
- Photos show wind farm devastation of Algoma, Canada
- The Impacts to Ecotourism
- The Journey Matters.
- Tourists shun areas hit by wind turbine ‘blight’ in Scotland.
- Turbines Do Not Align with local Tourism
- Video: Wind turbines and the myth of green energy
- Videos – Experience the Hurons
- Will L’Anse township risk losing tourism opportunities for the sake of unreliable short term tax benefits?
- Wind Farm wants to restrict hunters