The Michigamme Highlands, Huron Mountains and areas of the U.P are considered Climate Strongholds.
Industrializing these areas in the name of climate change is counter productive.
Grounded – Read The Nature Conservancy Magazine feature that describes how as climate change sends species scrambling, conservation finds its anchor in geology.
Estimating Climate Resilience Read the Conservation Biology paper where we describe the resilience theory, methods and analysis that conservationists can use to conserve biological diversity while allowing species and communities to rearrange in response to a changing climate.
- “Nature is obviously serious business”, Study values natural assets and open spaces have an estimated value of $800 million.
- Impacts of Industrial Wind Development on Wildlife and Ridgeline Habitat
- Let’s Keep the U.P. Naturally Green
- Michigan officials back federal wildlife conservation plan
- PLIGHT OF MOUNTAINTOP HABITAT
- The Best Technology for Fighting Climate Change Isn’t a Technology – Scientific American
- The Importance of Keeping Forests Intact
- Trees and Dirt Part of the Climate Solution.
- Video: Peak Keepers Discuss Industrial Wind Power
- Why would we destroy one of the better Climate strongholds?